Minister for Agriculture, Govt. of Karnataka (2013- Current)
- Greater adoption of technology in Agriculture
- Push for mechanization to overcome high labour costs and labour shortage.
- Rainwater harvesting through ponds to bring stability and productivity gains in rain-fed agriculture.
- Micro irrigation to efficiently use scarce water resources.
- Promotion of health foods like millets.
Member of Legislative Assembly, Karnataka
Byatarayanapura Constituency, Bengaluru (2008-2013, 2013-Current)
Vemgal Constituency, Kolar District (2003 – 2004, 2004-2007)
- Basic urban infrastructure and amenities.
- Citizen Participation in urban administration through empowerment and involvement of Resident welfare Associations.
- Waste segregation at source, composting, reuse/recycle of dry waste and terrace gardening.
- President, Karnataka Youth Congress Committee. (2007 – 2011)
- Motivate youth to take up political activism.
- General Secretary, Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee.(2012- 2014)
Work / Internships:
- Development Alternatives Inc., Washington DC.
- Ethiopian Embassy, Washington DC.
- Active Agriculturist (Family Farm).
- Master of Arts, International Affairs , School of International Service, American University,Washington, DC
- Bachelor of Business Management, Christ College, Bangalore University Bangalore.
English, Hindi, Kannada and Telugu.